Monday, May 5, 2008

2008 NBA Second Round Predictions

I'm back to give you the second round NBA playoff predictions with uncanny accuracy! Eight for eight in the first round baby!

One guy patronized me, saying 'way to go out on a line and pick all the favorites.' But do you really want me to be the Andruw Jones of predictions; hitting 40 jacks while struggling to hit above the Mendoza line?

You don't come to ShotsHeard to see me be a big shot. You come to see me call my shots and then come through. Like Avery Johnson once said, "I don't take shots, I make shots." And so I'm back baby, like Frank the Tank kicking grocery carts in celebration.

Sure the second round is already underway with the Lakers, Hornets and Pistons winning their respective Game Ones'. So give me a yellow card if you want, but realize I come correct.

Lakers vs. Jazz

If it were not for the Jazz's C+ performance against the Rockets, I think I'd be willing to go for the home run on this and pick them. They match-up well with the Lakers and could steal a road game while taking care of business at home. I believe the series will go six or seven games with the Lakers coming out much more weary and battle scarred and an even tougher test of the Spurs or Hornets facing them.

Pick: Lakers

Hornets vs. Spurs
The Hornets won Game 1 and have home-court advantage and I'm still picking the Spurs. But with CP3, Chandler, Stoy and West making an impressive foursome I'm wondering if I am making the wrong call.

Admittedly I have a Spurs bias. They are the sleekest team since the Bird/Magic days and they ended my Kobe/Shaq nightmare. Not to mention its hard to go against Obi-Wan and the Big Fundamental at playoff time. They're the champions and the team to beat as the tired cliche goes.

Pick: Spurs

Celtics vs. Cavaliers
The Cavs are a better team than the Hawks, but they are dreaming if they think they will go seven games against the beast of the east. The C's blew out the Hawks every game at home and lost every road game by single digits. Don't expect the anomaly of the C's losing all their road games this series. All that said, I'm still excited to watch King James take on the Big Ticket, Ray Ray and the Truth.

Pick: Celtics

Pistons vs. Magic I believe this year is the Pistons last shot at glory and they will handle their business against the Magic. I love watching Turkoglu, but the Pistons have too much playoff experience, to think that the essentially rookie playoff Magic will take this one. I think the Magic may take it six or seven games, but unless the Pistons look old fast, they won't lose this one.

Pick: Pistons

No comments:

Post a Comment